Some sad news Elvina Brodie (Don’s wife) passed away on Sunday morning in her sleep. Her funeral will be on Friday, 1st July 2016 at 12.30pm at the South Chapel, Rookwood Crematorium. The wake will be held at our clubhouse “The Don Brodie Athletic Centre” from 2pm.
Well done to all athletes that have competed in Treloar Shield last year we finished 2nd behind UTS and 1 point ahead of Sydney University.
The club also had a great meet at the Club Championship meet last weekend, lots of athletes trained very hard over the Xmas holidays, highlights included:
- Kyle Cranston Open NSW Decathlon Champion
- Kirra Bennett-Smith won the U14 ladies Pentathlon
- In the teams Open Men – 3rd, Open Ladies – 6th, Junior Men – 8th, Junior Ladies – 3rd, Masters Men – 9th.
There are plenty of allcomers and other meets leading up to the State Champs – http://nswathletics.org.au/Competitions/Calendar
Great results from last weekend:
2014 NSW Relay Championships – Medal Count
Team Gold Silver Bronze Total
1. U.T.S. Northern Suburbs Athlet 23 15 15 53
2. Sydney University Athletics Cl 10 4 9 23
3. Sydney Pacific Athletics Club 9 9 11 29
4. Asics Wests Track & Field Club 9 6 5 20
5. Hills District Athletics Club 8 11 11 30
She has Ian Dewhurst (Uni) going to Comm Games and Jasmine Dighton going to World Juniors.
The start / finish area is on The Boulevard, The University of Newcastle Central Coast Campus.
Teams are confirmed for Saturday, could reserves please also come and they will still get a run in the 1st leg if all team members turn up. The club pays all entry fees on Saturday. Please let me know ASAP if any mistakes or people I have missed who are coming. Please call me (John) on 0418293519 or Michael Doggett on 0401482761 if you have an issue getting there on Saturday. Try and be there at least 75mins before your race as we need to enter and confirm running order.
Four important things to post:
- ANSW Winter Series Short Walks Championships last Sunday – Bronze to Kirsty Klein in 15km, Jasmine Dighton on the way to World Juniors won Gold in the U20 10km along with Tabitha P who was 6th. Also Renee Hardy won Silver in the U12 1km. Plus our masters walker Joan Purcell won Gold in 5km.
- John Crandell competing in the Cook Islands in the Oceania Championships and carried the flag in the opening ceremony.
- ANSW Road Relays coming up on Saturday 12th July at Ourimbah just up the M1, teams need to be sorted soon, so please let me know if you can run by email – email@example.com
Results are on ANSW website: U12 Girls 5th, U14 girls Gold & 5th, U12 boys Bronze & U14 boys were 8th in a strong category.
Next race U16 girls won Silver & U18 girls were 5th.
Open ladies came 15th & 16th I think with some hurdlers & 35+ ladies. Men’s Open were 16th, 35+ missed a medal by 7 secs for 4th & the strong 45+ were 7th.